Friday, June 12, 2009

Pasdong, Village of the Ibalois (1 of 3)

After days of being confined in an office editing an AVP, I was itching to get somewhere else. Since I got into a serious video editing work, I have always believed I'm never going to be a good editor. My impatience and love for the sun and the outdoors will always steer my concentration away from my work. So when my friend, Lem, told me he has a shoot somewhere in Baguio and he was leaving in a few hours, I voluntered to tag along even if it meant leaving a lot of work behind.

The day was fine when we reached Baguio. After meeting our companions who mostly worked for PILCD (People's Initiative for Learning and Community Development) - an NGO based in the city - we went straight to the jeepney terminal to catch the only trip to our destination that day. We were off to Brgy. Pasdong in the town of Atok, Benguet.

To get the full view of Benguet, Lem and I decided to take the top load. We travelled through the thick fog. It was heaven!


The narrow, winding and uphill road added more thrill to our trip. Some parts of it were unpaved, especially those that run along communities were there were less registered voters. Concreting the roads according to our companions is political. If you want to see paved roads, you go to the barangay where the town Mayor resides.



No comments:

Post a Comment